Pages

Monday, November 23, 2015

It's been a while.....

It certainly has been a while since my last blog post. Some have asked if I am still performing Home Inspections. Yes I am. Some have asked if I am healthy. Yes I am. Most have asked "What's up?". Well.......nothing that many people haven't gone through and many others will go through soon enough.

This past summer when things were supposed to be ALIVE, I saw an important person to me fade away. Over the past few years my father lived with kidney cancer. He found out only after breaking his arm. He broke his arm while jumping into a pool. He did not hit anything, it just broke, due to a cyst as a result of the kidney cancer that already spread. The fun he was having when he broke his arm came after FINALLY retiring from Com Ed after 47 long years. He was supposed to START living and continuing his fun ways, but in earnest. This was NOT how retirement is supposed to be! Instead it was test after test, kidney removal, trial drugs (to help others in the future) and things "you are not supposed to eat and do". This past summer is when things started slowing down for him and organs not working like they are supposed to. We (his family and friends) like to say "He won his battle with cancer on Sept. 23rd". No more wondering when the end will be. No more doctors appointments. No more "don't do this" and "don't eat that".

So what does this have to do with Home Inspections?????????
Absolutely nothing! But I am glad I slowed down voluntarily this summer to put my mind where it was supposed to be.

I ask that everyone who reads this takes time to value what is important in your lives and not pretend things are OK when they are not. It is OK to say to yourself "Slow down". Take care of the things that need taking care of and don't over-burden yourself. I can say that slowing down and taking advice of friends and focusing on important issues certainly helped me get through the passing of my Dad, and I know will help me forge into the future without him, along with helping others that need help. A quote "borrowed" from a friend:  We are given only a certain amount of breaths in this lifetime, and do not know when they will come to an end. We are not guaranteed the next minute, hour, day, week, month, year and so on. That is why we need to live IN the moment- BY the moment, and enjoy what life has to offer.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays!

Peace, Courage and good health to all!!

Now.......who needs a top-quality Home Inspection in the Chicago area????

No comments:

Post a Comment